What Not To Do In Street Fashion; 5 Pointers
When it comes to street fashion, we all know that there are no rules really. Yes street fashion is just that versatile. But sometimes people can go a little overboard.
Now don’t get me wrong here.It’s really all about personal preferences and maybe a little creativity too in street fashion. But sometimes, people can make the biggest of mistakes without realizing it.
These mistakes may be in terms of the clothing pieces or the accessories or in just the way they are all paired. Most importantly, people can make some really bad choices (or should I say compromises) in terms of their fabric quality in an effort to cut down on costs probably. This is especially true in the case of men’s street wear.
But don’t worry. We’ve got you covered on this one.
Here is a list of 5 most common street style mistakes that men make:
- Tight clothes – This is one of the most commonly seen mistakes, not just in street fashion but in fashion as a whole. Now women may use a variety of shape wear under their clothes, and that’s ok, as long as their purpose is served, which is to hide slight imperfections of course. But for a man, it is always better to use better tailored clothing that takes the focus away from imperfections if any. You should never try to suck in the flaws and wear tight fitting shirts.
- Cheap material – The quality of the fabric is one of the commonly over-looked aspects of an outfit when people shop. As soon as they find something that is similar to something they saw on a celebrity, then there is normally no looking back. But the fact is, there are a million cheap knock-offs available for a particular celebrity style, and some of them are manufactured in the lowest of quality.
Now whether or not you notice it yourself, cheap quality clothing can be noticed from miles away. A synthetic jacket is just not going to look like that tan suede jacket you wanted, even if it has all the same details.
- Deep V’s – I can understand women wearing plunging necklines and deep V necklines. But men too?
Just No. It does not look good in any way and frankly speaking, I don’t think anyone would want to see your chest, waxed or not.
- Accessories – This is a strict “don’t” that I cannot stress enough over. A lot of men wear too many accessories with their outfit in the hopes of being edgy. Well the truth is that a single piece of accessory will do just fine. A scarf, or a bow tie or Persols are all good but not all together. Even in the hip hop world, there is such a thing as too much bling.
Another thing to keep in mind is to match them cleverly. A great looking T-shirt can be damaged with a hideous dog-tag.
- Boot cuts – Unless you’re still living in an age about 15 years ago, boot cuts are no longer cool. Enough said.
So have you been making any of these mistakes?
Go through and make sure you’re not. You’ll be saving yourself bills from the fashion police.
Author: Bhagya Rose is a die-hard fashion enthusiast, designer and writer, who loves exploring the latest trends in street fashion, indulging herself sans souci in some good old fashioned retail therapy every once in a while and is obsessed with everything Rose Gold.