5 Unique Ways To Ace Street Style Without Spending Too Much!
Some times when we see a certain style sported by one of our favorite celebrities on the internet, it is a little difficult to recreate the look with the stuff we already have, right?
Well, yes we do spend some money to get that chic tote bag or those cat eye sunglasses, but we cannot always invest in a good pair of distressed denims or leather jackets.
So what can you do to stay upbeat in your street style game every day, without burning a hole in your pocket?
Here are 5 super easy and less expensive ways that you probably never thought of:
- Over the sweatshirt – Don’t throw away your old worn out sweatshirt yet. You can still wear it with matching track pants, under a bright fur coat topper. Faux fur works just as well too, and when I say bright, I mean something edgy like cobalt blue or even neon colors for those who are up to it. It can really make your day fun and exciting.
- Combining top separates – You can make your simple and rather plain looking top-wear edgy too. How?
By layering. After all, layering is the new thing this season. Wear your sexy cut out or cold shoulder sweater over a plain button down shirt or striped figure hugging top. You’ll see a whole new world of possibilities that way. And hey, this way you can keep wearing your old favorite T-shirt even if it’s stained.
- Dress it up – Once in a while we spend a significant amount on an elegant gown or a cocktail dress. Well, let’s take the example of your wedding gown. We all know how often we’re gonna wear that in life. NEVER probably and as for those other gowns, probably less than once in three years.
Now you don’t want to put all that money away in a closet do you?
So whip them out and wear them over the classic white button down. Some casual sneakers for your feet and you are set to rock!
You can also wear your old short cocktail dresses with boyfriend jeans and maybe a camel coat for yet another edgy look.
- Layering is key – Layer up your way to setting new style statements. Even your simple once-popular logo tees can be brought back to life by wearing it over a contrasting colored turtleneck and a statement accessory or coat over it. How’s that for unique pairing?
- Cross-body is still in – Don’t think cross body bags are boring. Spice it up by wearing it tighter and higher around your torso. You even have celebrity inspiration for this one; Kendall Jenner of course!
Try out any of these styles and you will see how easy it is to look chic!
Which one is your favorite?
Let us know in the comments below.
Author: Bhagya Rose is a die-hard fashion enthusiast, designer and writer, who loves exploring the latest trends in street fashion, indulging herself sans souci in some good old fashioned retail therapy every once in a while and is obsessed with everything Rose Gold.