5 Exciting Ways To Rock White Sneakers – Chic Street Style
Staples are less when it comes to street fashion these days, because, well you know you can wear a sock on your head as a muffler one day, take a walk in Broadway and the next thing you know, it’s on every street style YouTube channel and British Vogue is considering running an entire show on sock mufflers.
Yes, street style is pretty fast moving and for the same reason, everything that comes in goes out quickly too. Although some of them may resurface in the fashion world in a different avatar later.
That way, there are a number of clothing and accessory styles that have re-emerged from the past with a new look. Some of them never actually fade out completely too, like a leather jacket or a faux fur coat.
Today we’re talking about one such street style trend that once upon a time ruled runways all over the world.
That’s right. Remember those good old days when you would slip on your cute pair of white sneakers for just about any dress and head out?
Well now you’re going to branch out.
Since White sneakers are making their way back in to the scene now, we figured you could use a little guide on how to rock them every day.
So here are 5 exciting ways to style white sneakers like a pro:
- A pop of color for a monochromatic look – A dull colored monochromatic suit or a dark monochrome pants and shirt combo can be made eye-catching with white sneakers. You can also carry a satchel in white for that polished look.
- Like a tennis star – If you are a tennis fan, then you’ve probably admired Serena Williams’ cute mini skirt and shoes look all day. Why not incorporate that in your street look too?
Come on, pull out that mini skirt and wear it with white sneakers.
- Button downs and trainers – When in doubt, wear button downs. And with trainers. White button down shirts and white sneakers have always been a classic, so if you’re still a little skeptical about colors, you can sport this classic look.
- Dresses are all you need – We know how much you love your dresses, both minis and maxis, so sneakers can be worn with dresses too. Yes, even the long flowing ones. There’s a little trick here though, try to keep your dresses above your ankles and let your shoes be seen completely. To keep it chic, the dress should ideally not touch the top of your shoes.
- Even for drama – Who says you can’t do drama with shoes? As a matter of fact, you can add just as much drama with sneakers as you would with high heels. All you need to do is know how to pair unusual things with a tad bit of symmetry. And of course the courage to pull anything off. Try long drapes with shoes for starters.
So how are you going to show off this new trend? Are you dressing it up or dressing it down? Share with us in the comments.
Author: Bhagya Rose is a die-hard fashion enthusiast, designer and writer, who loves exploring the latest trends in street fashion, indulging herself sans souci in some good old fashioned retail therapy every once in a while and is obsessed with everything Rose Gold.